SwaziCompanions of Iowa

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Carl+ -Tuesday, 27Sept

Sanibonani,

Usually I'm not at a loss of words, but after only three days I'm not sure of what to talk about.

On Sunday we went to St. Thomas Parish outside of Mbabane, which is on of Fr. Charles' four congregations. Fr. Charles had asked me earlier in the month if I would preach, for which I was prepared, but when I arrived he also informed me that I was celebrant too!

The whole service was a combination of SiSwati and English including my sermon which was translated sentence by sentence. After communion Fr. Charles had me bless the children who had not received the Holy Sacrament and there were about fifty of them, one by one. All during this time the congregation was singing, and it was truly one of the most blessed and holy moments of my priesthood to date.

Thank you to everyone who has supported this mission and I look forward to coming home and sharing more moments such as these. Someone please say hello to my wife and let her know I miss her.

Blessings,
Carl+

1 Comments:

  • Glad to hear all is going well, I have relayed your message to Jane, for which she is thankful. We had lunch together today which was nice. Also nice to hear from you, via Jane, that Elizabeth and Evan are well. Give them my love, we are looking forward to your return and hearing about all your activities.

    May God bless you all and keep you safe.

    By Anonymous Vera, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home