SwaziCompanions of Iowa

Friday, September 30, 2011

Clinic Update by Holly



It is the third of the dental clinic the things are going smoothly, but at a much slower pace than the first two days. The group of preschoolers that came on Monday with no permission slips, came again with slips today. As they waited for Dr. Terry we were treated to several songs. They may be little in form, but mighty in voice. During our slow times, Evan keeps us entertained as Charity and Mpumi teach him Siswati. He is a willing student, and is doing quite well. I am so thankful for his presence, he gives me the lift I need. On our way back to our homes we learn that we would be leaving our homes after Thursday morning. This news made Kaelly and me sad. We have enjoyed our stay with our family and wish we could spend more time getting to know them. They will always be in my heart. We do look forward to a flushing toilet and a shower though. Kaelly did better than I thought she would with our toilet "accomodations!" So as I sit here Thursday morning writing, I realize I will even miss those (bleep) roosters that start crowing at a an ungodly hour...before 3am. From now on when I hear a rooster crow it will bring me home to Swaziland. God does have a plan for me. My heart has become hardened at home and here God has broken it and turned it into clay so that He can reshape it and provide me with a heart that is filled with passion and joy, one that can receive love, as well as one that can give love. He has broken my heart open so that it may be filled with joy. Blessings to all...Nokuthula (Holly)

4 Comments:

  • What a beautiful spiritual account, Holly. Feeling such joy for you on your journey!

    By Anonymous Melody, at 1:53 PM  

  • Great story, made me cry. Things are fine here, and miss you. Prayers Jane M

    By Blogger Jane Martin, at 4:26 PM  

  • I love your comment, 'He has broken my heart open so that it may be filled with joy.' That my dear is why I love the Lord! He is an AWESOME God! I miss you... Love and Prayers, Candice :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

  • tell Kaelly i miss her and
    i miss u too Holly.

    By Anonymous Craig Lawton, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home