SwaziCompanions of Iowa

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

reflections

I have been home in the states a little over a week now and still can't get the images of beautiful Swaziland out of my mind..... the smiles and the dust on the childrens faces, the singing voices, the smell of the wood fire cooking lunch and the warmth of our new friends. Tears fill my eyes each time I think of that young woman drinking the muddy water, and the pride the young man showed as he carried the chlorinator. We did make a difference. But they made a difference in the way I will forever view my life. I am so privileged to have been a part of such a rewarding mission. I am still writing in my journal and just finished a short piece for our church news letter. Each time I write I feel more connected to Swaziland and its beautiful people. I am forever gratelful for the experience and our wonderful team.. Margaret Hansen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home